Monday, February 25, 2013

Johnny and the binky

Johnny has been such a great big brother! He is very protective of his little brother and makes sure he doesn't ever get hurt! Right after McKade was born Johnny seemed so grown up.  
He decided that after the baby was born he wasn't a baby anymore so he began to sleep in a big boy bed decided that he wanted to get potty trained completely. 
(He was peeing in the potty for a while before McKade was born but started to go #2)  
Johnny still had a binky for nap time and bedtime but when we had a family reunion at mom and dads house in July he was taking a nap and Judson saw that he still had a binky and said "Really Stacey he still has a binky?"  This was the one thing that I had a hard time with because I knew he loved it so much and it was so nice to just give him his blanket, teddy and binky and he would go right to bed! But the next day I said to Johnny, "Guess what Judson said, he says you're still a baby because you still have a binky..." Johnny said, "I not a baby! I throw it in the garbage!" He jumped right up, took the binky and went to throw it in the garbage but stopped and said, "I gonna throw it in the toilet!" So I followed him upstairs he lifted up the lid and threw it in the toilet! He went to go flush it (that's when i  hurried and grabbed it but kept the lid down so he thought he flushed down) 
and never asked for it again! 





1 comment:

Janaca said...

He is such a great big brother! Definitely a big boy and not a baby. :) I love that story and I'm glad you blogged about McKade being born on Mother's Day. So special!